Wednesday 25 November 2009

Thanksgiving dinner menu (draft)

Starters: Chips and salsa, bean dip, herbed soft cheese, crackers, celery sticks

(I thought of both warm starters and soup but decided against it. It's only gonna be 4 people)

Dinner rolls and butter.

Beet salad with gorgonzola and walnuts

Turkey, roasted with garlic and herbs, and apples, baby carrots and celery

Mash potatoes

Corn with peppers

Black eyed peas

Cornbread stuffing

Pie, ice cream and whipped cream.

Most of the sides will be store bought, at least in part, as I'd need two kitchens to make everything from scratch ;) I'd personally do w'out the corn and the peas, but it's Texan tradition and hubby must have'em - I don't mind, more for him!

2 comments:

Tinsie said...

Yum! Can I come too?

I agree with not doing soup etc. for starters, you've got plenty of food there and really don't need any more.

You could do a Greek dressing for the beetroot salad, all you need is some Total yoghurt, vinegar and olive oil, maybe a little garlic. And you could have carrot sticks as well as celery.

Margarita said...

I thought of that, but I have a rasperry-walnut vinaigrette which will go awesomely with the gorgonzola and ended up using that.

And yes, if you hop in a plane now, you will make it just in time for dinner ;)

I also ditched the celery sticks for starters since there 'll be celery cooking in the turkey pan. I found garlic bagel crisps that I'll serve with the herbed cheese.

Gawd, so much food!