Friday, 6 November 2009

Initiating Cooking Mode - Turkey BLTs

I came home from the gym positively exhausted, and since my lunches are a situation of cooking for one, I didn't want to be with leftovers for the weekend, since tomorrow I'm going to a medieval reenactment event and I'll sample an abundance of period recipes during the day (far from diet friendly, but it's only for a day!)

Upon opening my refridgerator, I quickly noticed that I had the following items.

Strips of turkey bacon
Tomatoes
Spring mix greens

I employed my faithful toaster and proceeded to toast 4 slices of wheat bread in it. Meanwhile, I heated my pan on high heat without any oil in it and put 4 slices of said turkey bacon in. I don't like my bacon extra crispy, so I removed them after they started curling a bit.

Once the bread was all toasted, I layered between 2 of the slices,a handful of spring mix, round slices of tomato and before I added the bacon I splashed the veggies with a dash of balsamic vinegar, since I don't like mustard and I don't keep it at home. I had them with the rest of the tomato (I could add some more spring mix greens for a more wholesome side salad - maybe next time).

3 comments:

Tinsie said...

I have an idea. How about you stop posting about food? You're making me hungry!

Marg, the Sal. said...

At least I'm posting recipes that are not caloric festivals!

Truth to be told, I am posting both for other dieting people to take ideas as well as because I want them to be on "paper" somewhere.

Tinsie said...

Yeah, I thought that's what you were doing. I've often gone back to my blog for recipes I've posted or linked.