Thursday 12 November 2009

No cooking today!

Hubby has been out of town since last Sunday (which is a main reason for me running rampant in the kitchen) and he's returning tonight. Since he'll be eating at the airport, I was not going to bother with cooking for myself - I microwaved a pouch of biriyani rice for lunch, and had bread and butter with tea for a snack. I decided to autumnize my tea by adding the following spices into it, in small dashes:

cinnamon
clove
nutmeg
lemon peel

I brewed the tea double strength, added the spices with a sachet of Splenda (I'll have to try this with brown sugar too though) and then added half a cup of pulp free orange juice.

Then, I took them for consumption at my favourite place - my computer desk. The spices and the citrus flavors are currently battling in my mouth. Yum!

3 comments:

Tinsie said...

That tea looks an interesting colour. Ahem.

BTW my friend Lucy (who's a domestic goddess) tells me that brown sugar is strictly for coffee, and white sugar is best in tea.

Margarita said...

It's darker than in the picture. :P

I'll keep in mind the classification of sugars, however I believe that brown sugar might go nicely with the spice blend.

Tinsie said...

Haha glad to hear it ;-)