Thursday 22 March 2012

Some visual proof of said early spring

I walk for about 40 minutes from my workplace to the train station every day, five days a week. It's always been a nice walk down a residential street, but these last few days, it's gotten even better. With the important exception of really large wasp-like bugs. I could do without those.

But the blooming is rather majestic.




 I have no idea what the tree on the third picture is, as I'm no horticulturist, but these flowers smell like mushrooms. I get a hobbit-like hunger pang every time I walk by one, and the streets are quite lined with them.

I think tomorrow I'll do a detour to the grocery store and buy some portobellos.

2 comments:

Tinsie said...

A tree blossom that smells like mushrooms?! Let me know if you find one that smells like pizza :-)

Nice photos, show us more!

Margarita said...

Ideally, a tree that would smell like chocolate brownies would be better than pizza! But I'll let you know.

Sadly, today's rain didn't allow for any more pictures.